Pre - Burn Care
- Whilst your wax is solid ensure that the wick is trimmed to 5-10mm long. By doing this you ensure that the candle will continue to burn consistently and not leave any soot on the side of the candle.
- Remove fingerprints or dust on the top of the candle with a damp cloth to ensure this doesn't contaminate the candle as it burns and reduce the burn time of the candle.
- Ensure you find the ideal place for your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from drafts, or fans, which can cause sooting (black marks on the vessel), or rapid, uneven burning.
During a Burn
Don't touch or move a burning candle whilst the wax is liquified as it will cause uneven distribution when cool.
- Ensure that when lighting the candle you keep it burning for a minimum of 1.5 to 2 hours at a time to prevent the candle from "tunnelling" and giving you a shorter burn time than the candle can provide. Over 4 hours the wick is susceptible to slanting which can cause the glass to crack or sooting, it is therefore recommended to extinguish the flame, trim the wick when cool and relight.
- Ensure the candle is kept out of the way of children and pets to prevent the hot wax from being spilt and causing them or property in the home to be damaged.
- Be sure to stop the candle from burning when there is 8-10mm of wax left at the bottom and always ensure you keep an eye on your candle whilst burning.
- Do not use water to extinguish the flame, use a snuffer where possible. Always ensure that your candle is fully extinguished before leaving the room.